1. Go for podcast marketing
What are the benefits of podcast marketing?
- A voice can engage your audience better than text. It helps to build trust and a personal connection.
- It’s easy to get started. It’s cheaper to video content. But we aren’t saying it is an alternative. Visual content sells the most even today. So, brands can provide both video and audio podcasting to their followers.
- Podcasting helps you to reach out to new audiences. It increases traffic and lead generation pretty quickly.
- It helps improve conversion as it builds an effective relationship with listeners.
- You can repurpose the podcasts into snippets and teasers and share them on social media platforms.
2. Give preference for first-party data
It effectively means that brands now have to capitalize on the available first-party data and plan strategies to connect with these customers. Ensure that you integrate Google Analytics or other third-party analytics software through web development services to capture the data and insights. The data that you have from completed on-site purchases, surveys, customer feedback, and your CRM is valuable because you own it. And secondly, it gives you the blueprint to create a customer persona.
3. Shift your focus to personalization
Customers always want to feel special. Two in three customers want brands to understand their needs and expectations. The same number expect brands to validate empathy. It is not always about acquiring new customers. It is about retaining existing customers and making them feel special. The focus of your digital marketing strategy has to be on the customer journey as much as on their destination.
Here are ways to personalize content for your customers -
- Welcome returning customers back to the online store through unique messages.
- Personalize the messages based on customer preferences, interests, and actions.
- Use dynamic remarketing ads to target customers who are still undecided about a purchase
- Segment your email list and push notifications according to customer purchase history, location, demographics, purchase time, and other data points.
- Customize emails with product images that your customers have searched for in the past.
These personalization strategies by digital marketing services will help you to retain customers and build brand loyalty.
4. Bite-sized video content for Gen Z
Adults now spend up to five hours consuming visual content. Also, it gives brands an opportunity to increase awareness by 140% through different video formats such as-
- Product videos
- Instructional videos
- Behind the scenes
- Unboxing videos
- Event videos
- Announcements & teaser videos
- Reviews & testimonials
- How to use videos
- Interviews & chat shows
- Educational content
5. Search engine optimization stays relevant
6. Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising for small businesses
Paid ads are not limited to search engines. You can advertise your brand on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or LinkedIn. PPC is one of the most efficient forms of sponsored advertising. Google handles more than 60,000 searches/second and it is the go-to platform for paid ads as you can earn $8 for every dollar spent if done right. Even if you have an established presence in the organic results, you can still opt for PPC through reliable SEO services to rank for several high-value keywords and optimize conversions better.
7. Give importance to B2B marketing
8. Focus on local SEO
- Listing on local online directories
- Creating a Google My Business account
- Involving website development services to build online stores for local searches
- Creating content-based on local events
- Reviews from happy customers
- Optimizing for voice search for directions to the physical store and business hours
These are crucial digital marketing strategies to optimize for local SEO. Services like Google My Business are free to use and they can immensely help to boost your local SEO and provide value to potential consumers.
9. Push notifications to retain customers
Today, more than half of the users who have downloaded the app allow brands to send push notifications so that they can stay in touch with what the brands have to offer. There is a fine line though and brands should not go over the top by bombarding customers with frequent push notifications.