We are in the e-commerce development business and we often get clients approaching us with problems with their online store and telling us to build a new one or redesign their website after they have tried everything possible to boost sales.
-> Don’t design your website without a plan.
-> Don’t get lured by people who tell you they will build your store for free.
Stars are born overnight, not brands. Any brand which is popular today has years of hard work behind it. And everyone has started from ground level to reach a point where their brand name is enough to sell any product. And no, they don’t rest here. They are constantly innovating and trying to please their customers.
Each has a different reason for not succeeding in e-commerce sales and visibility. Let’s not get there. But we’ll share with you some tips on how to leverage your e-commerce store to boost sales and visibility online.
Let your emails do their job. But wait, why not show some love to website visitors? Let’s treat them to some popups. Trigger them when you feel visitors have spent enough time on your website to know it better or when they are missing great deals. Let’s break down popups into 3 sections.
Personalize popups for website visitors to make them work.
2. Scarcity tactics
- Flash sales
- Countdown timer for the reduced price of a product
- Display “Only a few items in stock” or “Only 1 left” on the product page
- Offer free shipping if they buy it within a few minutes or hours.
The scarcity tactic is so easy to implement. All you have to do is display a popup on the product page with the message. It can help you improve the click-through rate by 14%.
3. Upsell and cross-sell
- Upselling is 68% more affordable than acquiring new customers
- It increases your e-commerce store revenue by 10-30%
- It increases your e-commerce store revenue by 10-30%
- By cross-selling, you offer customers a one-stop shopping experience and through upselling, you add value to the customers.
- It builds customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- You bundle low-selling or low-margin products in your stock for upselling and cross-selling. Simply put, it appeals to the psychology of the customer if you bundle products and offer them at a lower rate. It acts as an incentive to buy two products instead of one.
- This technique acts as a point of differentiation against your competitor.
Upselling and cross-selling is an effortless method to make the most of your existing customers and it is easier to plan and implement it at the time of e-commerce development.
4. E-commerce store optimization
- Insert keyword-rich and user-friendly content into your website
- Optimize images, title tag, meta description, and your website URL for search
- Increase the loading speed of your website
- Add responsive design to your website
- Use internal links on the pages
- Similarly, the off-page SEO techniques you have to aim for are-
- Create valuable backlinks
- Social media marketing
- Promote the website on the local listing, social bookmarking, and blog directory submission sites
- Post on forums and contribute as a guest author
- Use Google My Business
Digital marketing strategies reign supreme in 2022 and you can always rely on the power of paid ads and visual content to boost sales and visibility of your e-commerce store.
5. Show off reviews
How then do you leverage the reviews to boost sales of your e-commerce store?
- Use reviews on key pages of your e-commerce store. Use it on the home page and also on the product page and product collection page.
- Display them in your search engine ads. You can also earn Google Seller Ratings and improve your search engine visibility if you showcase reviews updated in real-time.
- Repost customer reviews on your social media channels.
- Incorporate them into your email marketing campaigns.
- If you have a physical store, use them in displays and signage near the product shelf.
And yes, don’t forget to prompt users to leave a review. Reach out to your loyal customers who have repeatedly bought from your website. Encourage them to leave reviews of not only the products but also their overall shopping experience on your site.
6. Provide excellent customer service
How to provide online customer support for your e-commerce store?
- Deliver real-time support through live chats. Use automated chatbots for general queries and connect to personal customer support when the query needs your personal attention.
- Integrate online self-service tools on your website during e-commerce development such as FAQs, how-to videos, user guides, online discussion forums, and knowledge-based resources such as blogs.
- Provide additional customer support on your website in the form of a Contact Us page, text message customer service, and toll-free numbers to call.
- Use pop-ups for onboarding and tooltips for educating customers about shopping on the site.
- Use social media channels to leverage customer service through quick replies to queries, reviews, and complaints.
- Ask for feedback from customers through online survey forms and popups. Know what your customers think about your brand, business, and products.
Listen actively to what your customers have to say and show empathy for their problems. Resolve it immediately and follow up after the problem has been solved. Good customer support on your e-commerce store pays back through increased customer satisfaction and sales.
The foundation of any personalization strategy is data collection. It is vital to understand what data points to track, when to track, how to track, and how to analyze the collected data. Once you have this sorted, it is important to segment customers based on various parameters such as session time, frequency of visits, previous purchase history, behavior, device, traffic sources, demographic, and much more. Understand the customer segments and serve each with its deserved attention.
Here are some personalization strategies to implement in your e-commerce store-
- Onsite search queries through search results and product recommendations.
- Onsite product recommendations through product displays on category pages, upsells, cross-sells, cart, and checkout.
- Dynamic pricing strategy depending on customer type i.e. returning or first-time customers.
- On the checkout page through one-click checkout by tapping the location information.
- In emails through sales offers, special events, and product recommendations.
- Post-purchase through package tracking and product recommendations for return visits.
- Through push notifications for announcements and offers.
- Retargeted advertising on social media channels and Google.
During e-commerce development, set up your website such that certain user actions trigger a type of personalized response. For instance, when the user is about to leave the website without completing a purchase, display a popup reminding them of the items in the cart or use the cross-selling tactic to show related items. When customers are at your door, it’s your duty to treat them well so that they leave the site completely satisfied and personalization helps you to achieve it.
At Houston IT Developers, our e-commerce development process entails incorporating strategies to boost sales and increase your store revenues. Don’t go after agencies that sell websites for cheap or don’t have a plan for you. Instead, trust the one that tells you strategies to boost sales and revenue of your e-store. You’re welcome to one such trusted e-commerce development enterprise, Houston IT Developers.